Thursday, August 22, 2013

Unitity

Earlier this week, I posted that I wanted harmony among the organizations and Facebook groups that help people with CRPS.  I have to admit that after a while, I could not contain myself and was drawn into the mess.

I am truly sorry for getting involved.  I removed it all from my wall.  I can not control what others do but I can control what I do.  It seems that other innocent people were dragged into all of this who didn't know what they were posting was hurtful.

I have a duty to those involved with CRPS Partners In Pain, as the Executive Director, to lead by example.  I did not do that this week.  I let myself get dragged into it all.

Let me clarify a few things.


  • CRPS Partners In Pain, inc is a Florida Corporation
  • We have our EIN
  • Our non-profit status is under review by the IRS and as it usually takes up to a year, by law we can say that we are a non-profit as the status will go back to the beginning; up to three years.
I will hold myself up to a higher level and will not let myself be drawn into these cat fights.  I wish that I had been strong enough not to involve myself from the beginning  These instances have forced me to resign as an admin for my teen to thirty group (not mind but theirs) and has caused me to be removed from the only other group that I was a member of (other than my own) because people feel the need to attack my credibility.

My actions were counter productive in helping the CRPS community work in harmony.  This will not happen again. No matter what they post about me, I will not respond and will continue to ask my friends and colleagues to do the same.

Thank you for your support

Nancy

6 comments:

  1. Very well put, Nancy! This is what many of us do. We must take the higher road, always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should have signed my real name to my comment above. Anita Rhoades Henslee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for telling me who you are

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nancy,

    I am so sorry for everything that happened. You are such a powerful ally to all of us with CRPS. You have made such a huge impact for so many of us and I have the utmost respect for you. Those that decided to be catty clearly have nothing better to do. It is shocking and disappointing that there are people like that in our community. You are 100% correct that we should be united and working together to help each other, and you clearly tried numerous times to take the high road here. I am so sorry you got dragged into this. Thank you for your continued leadership over the years and your devotion to the cause.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rachael:
      Thank you for your kind words. I will not stop being part of the CRPS world. I have a new forum on CRPS Partners In Pain, Inc's website. I will remain active with in the community. The rules that Facebook has makes it a difficult place to work in. People can post things that you can't see, they can make them public where my 82 year old mom can see, etc.

      You will still see me around. Thank you for your kind words

      Delete
    2. Hang in there Nancy. You are the better person. It is always shocking to me how childish adults can act. And how rather than emailing or calling you to confront you in an adult way, they would rather publicly attack and shame you. I think you are making the right decision for you and I support you 100% in doing what is right for you and your family.

      Delete