The most common type of chronic pain is the migraine.
Migraine is a headache with pain that can last from 4 hours to 3 days.2
- Pain is usually moderately to severely intense, pulsating, and often occurring on 1 side of the head
- Telltale signs of migraine may be nausea and/or vomiting, and sensitivity to light and sound
- Changes in vision or hearing, called aura, may come just before or just as the migraine begins2
- One type of migraine occurs with fewer than 15 headache days per month, some of them being migraine. This is called episodic migraine
- The second type is when headaches occur 15 or more days per month with headache lasting 4 hours or longer for at least 3 months, some being migraine. This is calledChronic Migraine2-4