Friday, August 23, 2013

Moving Forward

Well week 2 of gluten free went better than the first.  It is so much easier to do it when you are eating out.  My husband could eat what he wanted and I could choose gluten free.  This week I had nothing made of gluten and had no desire for it.

When I am back home, I will have to purchase some gluten free things.  Last weeks cinnamon raisin bread that I made was a hit with my husband as well.  This gives me hope that I can stock the kitchen with things we will both like.

There have been some toxic people causing drama and pulling me away from the work that I love to do.  I will move on.  I am excited to be going to see my grandson in a couple weeks.  I'll be going to RSDSA's conference in Ft Lauderdale Sept 28 so I have so many things to look forward to.

I lost it yesterday.  I should have just walked away but I didn't.  My pain levels were soaring.  I shut off my computer and just enjoyed time with my husband.  Now I have a new outlook on things.  There are people who depend on me and I depend on them.  I can not allow myself to be sucked into their drama again.  I need to delete it and ignore it.

I am sad that my daughter had to see what was written publicly but she knows her mom well.  She was upset for me.

Meanwhile, Ian now has two bottom teeth.  He is starting to work on the top ones too.  Even in this short period, I've missed some milestones.  I'll be going back up soon and will enjoy my time with him.

Thank you to all who have supported me though this difficult week.

1 comment:

  1. Onward and upward! Two new toofies, a celebration! That has got to be adorable.
    When you eliminate starch/gluten your appetite undergoes a complete transformation. I used to have such a severe reaction to starches, that I would gain up to 7 lbs from a single meal, not even eating much. I'd wake up the next day and couldn't fit in my clothes! I have found that it also helps my mood, outlook, everything. I'll be interested to hear more as you go along, whether it will change your pain levels, I think it helps me a lot. Glad you're making plans and enjoying yourself!

    ReplyDelete