Thursday, July 18, 2013

Strength

It has been quite a while since I have had time to post.  It is amazing what you can do when you have to.  Since Ian was born, just over 4 months ago, I've been doing things that I haven't done in years.  There have been some ups and downs since Ian arrived and I was able to step up and help out.  I surprised even myself.

Having Ian in my life has been a great joy.  He is always smiling and happy.  I have been here in DC with him all but 2 weeks and 4 days of his life.  I have watched my daughter bloom into a wonderful mother and my son in law a wonderful involved father.

Next week Kim's best friend will begin to take care of Ian and another 4 month old as part of a nanny share.  My role will begin to wain.  It is great that things have stabilized but I will miss being here every day seeing everything that Ian does.

No comments:

Post a Comment