Friday, February 21, 2014

CRPS: The Suicide Disease

In a few days, it will be the 18th anniversary of the accident that caused my CRPS.  Over the years, I have talked to hundreds and hundreds of people.  My doctor's office had me talk to people going for the coma ketamine treatment.  Then I was a pain mentor with RSDHope and currently I am a pain ambassador for US Pain Foundation and run a support group on Facebook.

In my 18 years, I have not seen as many suicides as I have in the last 12 months.  Some I met in person others I only knew via Facebook.  I understand depression.  I've been their.  I understand the pain both physical and emotional that this disease inflicts on us.  I do not judge these people who could not take it any longer.  That is not my place.  What bothers me is that people are using these tragedies to voice their own agenda.  These families are hurting,  Suicide is very hard for the ones who are left behind.

I will miss these CRPS Angels.  I will speak to the families that reach out to me but I will not engage people who are using these tragedies to voice their own agenda.  I'm sure that these people are passionate about their agenda.  There is no evidence to back it up.  The people I knew who took their own lives did not take this medication so it can not be the cause of their death.

RIP
Carla
Janet
Julie
John
Thomas
Leslie

You are no longer in pain.  Our thoughts and prayers go out to your families.  Your loved one is no longer in pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment