Tuesday, January 7, 2014

LOSS IN THE CRPS COMMUNITY

Yesterday I learned of yet another loss of life within the CRPS community.  Some of the six people who died in the past 12 months were straight up labeled suicide. The others, no other cause of death was given.  I am struggling to think what could we as a community done to prevent this loss of life.  I interact with about 600 people with CRPS.  To loose 6 of them is devastating. I am at a loss as to what to do.

There needs to be some way that these people can reach out to another with CRPS.  Yes their are suicide hot lines; but if you don't have CRPS you have no clue what it is like day to day.  We publish suicide hot line numbers everywhere.  How do we help these CRPSers know that they are loved, that there is hope and they are not alone?

I am open to any suggestions.  I am thinking that before I write my pediatric book, I need to write something for both caregivers and people with CRPS about suicide...more that what is in book 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment