Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Suicide

I thought that my last post would be my final post for 2013 but circumstances have changed.

Over the weekend we lost to suicide someone who was very active in the CRPS community.  This was the fifth person this year to take their life due to CRPS.  I connect with about 500 people and there are 5 suicides that I know about.  Who knows how many more we have lost this year alone.

I want to so something to get the word out that CRPS is known as the Suicide Disease.  I have shared my story with my readers about my dark days.  I feel the need to do more.  I would like to see Dr Phil do a show on CRPS and Suicide.  This is right up his ally as his show deals with psychological issues.  It would be great if the audience could all be those of us with CRPS.  Please join me in a writing campaign to Dr Phil.

http://www.drphil.com/beondrphil_main/

In honor of those with CRPS who took their life, let's all post this as our status. We all need to write into Dr Phil and ask him to do a show on CRPS and suicide. To those who have lost a loved one to suicide; please share your story as a survivor. To those of us who have attempted suicide in the past, please share your story. To those now thinking about suicide, please call a suicide hot line:1-800-273-8255
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
and then write your feelings to Dr Phil. Dr Phil is the only show that deals only with psychologic issues. Perhaps we could get Dr Pradeep Chopra to write in and to be the expert that advises Dr Phil. If I personally know of five people who in 2013 have CRPS who committed suicide; then how many were there that we didn't hear about.


Wishing you all a low pain Happy New Year!!!

Nancy Renée

No comments:

Post a Comment