Thursday, December 1, 2011

cold weather and RSD

As I have mentioned, I live in sunny Florida!  Well, winter hit last night and it dropped down to 40 and boy am I feeling it!  My head is pounding, my body is burning muscles are spasming and I'm two months away from what I know will be relief...an inpatient stay of Ketamine.  I hate the cold!  Although I find it very lonely here in Florida, I do not miss the cold weather of PA.

An RSD friend of mine said something profound; "if I could harness this burning and use it to heat my house, I'd be rich".  She was wishing that some good would come of this terrible disease.  Well, I like to think that some good has come of my having RSD.  I'd like to think that I am a more compassionate person because of what I have been through. I think that I am a stronger person because of what I have been through.

To all of you who are suffering in the real cold of the north, I'm sorry that you have to go through this pain and suffering every single day of the winter.  For today, I'm going to lay on the sofa, under a blanket, watch Christmas movies, look at my beautiful Christmas Tree, take some Nucynta, Klonapin and try to get through the day!!

I will hang in there today!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment